I need a break from the weekend. To say it was full is an understatement. To prove my point, Baby E has taken two REALLY good naps today. Something that is very unusual for him. Here’s a run down of our Saturday:
1. S woke up at 4:30 to get downtown to claim “the Corner”. A little background…St. Patty’s day is a tradition for S and his crew. Every year they claim the same corner of downtown, they bring in porta potties, grills, tents, food, drinks and everything else you can think imagine.
2. I got up at 7:00 to go down and run the St. Patty’s Day 5 mile run. This is MY tradition and I haven’t missed one in 6 years. I even ran last year pregnant. This year went really well. It was a good feeling to get back into a race. Baby E didn’t run with me this time but soon enough. We are planning to run one together on April 1st. It should be a good time.
3. I came home between the race and the parade to take my family to the airport where they were whisked away to florida for spring break.
4. Then Baby E and I headed back downtown to catch the parade, hang out with friends and just enjoy the great weather.
5. Baby E did well till about 3:30 when he finally had a meltdown. So we went home to take a quick break before I dropped him off at his first babysitters (that wasn’t family). He smelled like smelly little boy after being outside all day so we had to bath again, change clothes, eat and cuddle.
6. After dropping Baby E off, I went back downtown to meet up with S and everyone for a few more hours of fun at a local drinking establishment.
7. We finally wrapped up the night at about 9:30. It was a LONG but good day. Check out my boys!!