The Morning From Hell

I just need to vent a little bit than I’ll be able to get past it.  Monday was a terrible day but it’s over.  Tuesday has even come and almost gone.  We’re past it.  Wednesday is upon us.

I usually try to wake up every morning with a sense of optimism and positivity but I knew something was not right and was finding it hard to stay positive.  Baby E was feeling a little under the weather but I needed to go to work.

S dropped him off in the morning but all I could think about on the way to work was E.  Mom’s intuition got the best of me and I called the doctor’s office and explained his symptoms.  Sure enough, the asked me to bring him in that morning.  So mind you, it’s now 8:00 A.M., I just got to work, I have a standing 8:30 meeting and now I have to go from the middle of STL, to the North end of town, and then back down to the city center all by 10:00 A.M.  Needless to say, I was feeling the pressure to get there on time and MIGHT have found myself accelerating a little faster than I should have been.  Then I see them…the red and blue lights.  I haven’t gotten a ticket since I was 17.  I didn’t even try to explain to the cop.  I was just so frustrated that all I could do was call the MD and let him know we were going to be late.  So FINALLY, I got my ticket and we made it to the doctor about 15 minutes late. 
After a quick exam, we found out E had his third ear infection and needed another breathing treatment which he HATES.  
He’s needed these breathing treatments all the time since he had RSV in February.  That was so scary that I cemented the warning signs in my mind.  I refuse to let E get that again.  I can’t even tell you how much it hurt my heart to see him suffer.  
So after the exam we spent the rest of the day giving treatments and cuddling.  
You know your little one is sick when all he wants to do is cuddle up on Mom.  I can’t say that I object.  I would’ve laid there all day if he wanted me too.  Actually we did.  That was the only way I could get him to sleep.  
At the end of the day, the ticket didn’t matter, the pressures of the day didn’t matter.  What mattered is that E was in my arms and we were doing ok.  These are among many of the memories that while not pleasant I’ll remember always because I am reminded of why being a Mom is the most important role I play now.  Everything else is second.

One response to “The Morning From Hell

  1. i'm so sorry! ugh. ok, get him some garlic drops at whole foods. they really helped get rid of Lily's ear infection. basically the garlic naturally fights the bacteria in the ear. put a small amount of drops in there 3-4 times a day for a week. he will smell a little funky but it will keep the vampires away. 😉

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s